Fairforest Elementary School Is Proud To Be A Title I School!
What is Title I
What Does It Look Like To Be a Title I School at
Fairforest Elementary School?
Title I Part A (Title I) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) provides financial assistance to local educational agencies and schools to help ensure that all children meet challenging state academic standards.
- Title I specifically helps our children succeed in the areas of math and ELA in K-5th grade.
- Title I funds also allow us to provide teaching assistants , reading and math interventionists, STEAM coordinator, instructional supplies and materials for students, family engagement opportunities and so much more to support our students in their academic endeavors.
- In classrooms, our students are engaged in rigorous lessons all across the content areas of reading, writing, math, science and social studies. FES is growing leaders through a variety of approaches that include STEAM, Guided reading, Guided Math, project based learning, and so much more!
Meet FES' Title I Planning Committee
Kerrie Kish, Principal
April Hollis, Assistant Principal
Walker Wyatt, Assistant Principal
Heather Register, Reading Coach
Ashley Blackwelder, STEAM Coordinator
Lacey Barone, 4th Grade Teacher
Chrissy Harris, ESOL Teacher
Carmen Levitt, Parent
Tabitha Durham, Parent
DeeDee Sledge, Parent
Amilia Jaikaran, Parent
Angie Omer, Parent
Kevin Tuten, Community Member (Michelin Challenge Education Program)
Innovative Practices and Programs at FES
AdvancED STEM Accreditation since 2016
Thriving thirteen-year partnership with Michelin North America
Title I School with focus on literacy, math, and family engagement
WIN (What I Need) Schedule for Every Grade Level
Monthly professional development on literacy and STEAM learning with our Reading Coach and STEAM Coordinator
Character Education Program
OLWEUS Anti-Bullying Program
Innovative technology integration into the classrooms through STEAM approach (Makerspace, Lego Robotics, Ozobots, etc.)
Clubs for Students (Yearbook Club, Garden Club, 4H Pet Pals, Boys on the Run, Girls on the Run, Art Club, Honors Chorus)
After School Child Care and Enrichment Opportunities (PBL Activities, Tutoring Program, and Visual Arts Activities)
Family Engagement Activity Nights
Supportive PTO and SIC sponsoring free Family Events
Title I Helps Us Grow!
If you have suggestions for us with how to use our funding then please email firstname.lastname@example.org . In the past, we have used funds for specific field trips, after school enrichment, reading interventionists, math and reading supplies, family engagement opportunities and so much more!
Parents may request information regarding the professional qualifications of a student’s classroom teacher including:
- Whether the teacher has met state qualifications and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency of other provisional status through which state qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.
- The baccalaureate degree major of the teacher and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree.
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
- Information on the level of achievement of the parent’s child in each of the state academic assessments.